This assignment will allow you to demonstrate the following objectives:
· Compute the net present value, profitability index, and internal rate of return for a given company.
· Predict the best choice for a company based on analysis of financial data.
· Compute a company’s WACC using given percentages.
· Calculate the cost of capital of a stock.
· Computer the after-tax cost of capital for bonds.
Instructions: Answer the questions directly on this document. When you are finished, select “Save As,” and save the document using this format: Student ID_UnitVIII. Upload this document to BlackBoard as a .doc, docx, or .rtf file. Show all of your work.
1. The capital structure for Mills Corporation is shown below. Currently, flotation costs are 13% of market value for a new bond issue and $3 per share for preferred stock. The dividends for common stock were $2.50 last year and have an estimated annual growth rate of 6%. Market prices are $1,050 for bonds, $20 for preferred stock, and $40 for common stock. Assume a 34% tax rate.
% of Future
Bonds (8%, $1k par, 16 year maturity)
Preferred stock (5k shares outstanding, $50 par, $1.50 dividend)
Compute the company’s WACC.
2. The Milton Company plans to issue preferred stock. Currently, the company’s stock sells for $120. Once new stock is issued, the Milton Company would receive only $99 (due to flotation costs). The dividend rate is 12%, and the par value of the stock is $100. Compute the cost of capital of the stock to your firm. Show all work.
3. The Dayton Corporation is considering a new investment, which would be financed from debt. Dayton could sell new $1k par value bonds at a new price of $950. The bonds would mature in 15 years, and the coupon interest rate is 10%. Compute the after-tax cost of capital to Dayton for bonds, assuming a 34% tax rate. Show work.
4. Farrah Corporation is considering two projects (see below). For your analysis, assume these projects are mutually exclusive with a required rate of return of 12%.
Cash inflow Year 1
Compute the following for each project:
· NPV (net present value)
· PI (profitability index)
· IRR (internal rate of return)
Which project should be selected? Why?
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.