Please see attachments
Questions to answer and include in your case analysis:
1. Perform a SWOT analysis for Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. Based on your analysis, in which company would you invest? Justify your answer.
2. Which growth strategies have been pursued by Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts in the past? Which strategies do you believe will be most successful for the two firms in the future? Why?
3. Which marketing metrics would be most helpful for an executive in charge of developing new products for a coffee chain?
Case Study Requirements
Each case is worth 5% of course grade.
The following are the minimum case study requirements:
Each case study MUST consist of at least four pages (no more than five).
Cover page (one page) – A 10 point penalty will be deducted from the case study grade if any of the following information is not included:
• Your name (Please don’t make me guess your identity)
• Name of course
• The case study name
For your case study paper, include the following components in your finalized submittal in the following order and use them as Section Headings (USING BOLD TYPE) for formatting your submittal. (Use the italicized terms below as your section headings). Then write your paper in complete sentences in third person voice using a narrative writing style.
NOTE: This is a written business case study. Therefore, proper spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. are REQUIRED. This is not a series of text or Twitter messages!
Content Pages (2-3 pages: a minimum of 750 words but no more than 1000 words of content).
1. Provide an Executive Summary of the case by summarizing your report- not the case itself. Must be clear and concise and be at least one paragraph. NOTE: This will be the last section written when preparing your case study. (11 points)
2. Identify the Statement of Immediate (obvious) Problem (s) (your company’s issues) including the root cause of the immediate problem, and the secondary problem(s) that may not be solved when immediate problem is solved. (11 points)
3. Describe your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element (23 points)
4. Described how two Macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors
(I.e. supply/demand, production capability affect this case. (22 points)
5. Provide an Action Plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence. Must include what should be done by whom, why it should be done and how it should be done. Should include a contingency plan should problems arise. (23 points)
Endnotes (one separate page): Minimum of three (3= grade of ‘C’) but no more than 5 quality endnotes. (5 points as part of the Grammar grade) Note: This is your original analysis and solution. Therefore, a maximum of 20% of your case study submittal can be direct quotes or paraphrasing another’s work. A one point penalty for each percentage point above the 20% maximum will be assessed.
In the Content Section, place an Arabic numeral by the information to be cited. Repeat the number on the Endnotes Page. Identify from which entry in your bibliography you obtained the data. Include the page number(s) of the reference.
What to endnote: Information not commonly known such as facts, dates, quotes etc.
Please use only Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) One point penalty per entry for using Roman numerals.
Internet: Supply URL address including all appropriate extensions.
When in doubt—END NOTE! Place end notes on a separate page.
Do not insert endnotes in the body of your content. Only the endnote number.
For end notes examples, please see the ‘A’ graded papers attached in Blackboard.
Five point penalty if correct endnotes format is not followed.
Five point penalty will be assessed for Endnotes page not submitted on a separate page.
GRAMMAR REQUIREMENTS (10 points) (One (1) point penalty for each violation of these basic directions.)
• Document MUST be left justified in a portrait format.
• Black (no other color!) 12 point Times New Roman or Arial typeface only. (Five (5) point penalty for each page submitted with any color other than black).
• No background color on any page is acceptable. A five (5) point penalty will assessed for each page that contains a background color.
• Write in third person voice (he, she, it, the company, etc.) only. Do not use first person (I, we, and us) or second person (you, them) voice.
• Your content MUST be broken into paragraphs. The first line of all paragraphs should be indented. Whole blocks of type are not acceptable. A 5 point penalty per page submitted with no paragraphs.
• Numbers 10 or larger, type the number. Less than 10, type the word (one, two, etc.)
• Financial figures are to be written as $50 (not fifty dollars); $1,500 (not one thousand, five hundred dollars); $1M (not one million dollars); $3.2B (not three billion, two hundred million dollars).
• Never end your sentence with a preposition like ‘to, from, by, with, between, before, after or during’. (E.g. The company could not have anticipated where the threat came from.)
• Always use italics for the name of a source (magazine, book or newspaper title) e.g. Wall St. Journal.
• NEVER use the words ‘sticking’ (instead use ‘placing’ or ‘inserting’ the product into the market); ‘everyone’ (no product appeals to/or is used by everyone-ever!), ‘stocks’ (it is ‘stock’) or ‘came up with’ (use ‘developed’).
• Always capitalize the first letter of proper names.
• When you attach your project to the online drop box, use SINGLE MS Word file or PDF attachment IN THE ORDER YOU WANT IT PRINTED AND READ. No multiple MS Word or PDF file attachments will be accepted. (10 point penalty per attachment for multiple documents submission).
• Always include page numbers on the bottom right corner of each page.
• Text MUST be double spaced. A 5 point penalty per page not double spaced.
• It is REQUIRED that you follow the style provided in the following wiki:
Business Student Writer’s Manual is available upon request.
HOW YOUR PAPER WILL BE GRADED:
It is YOUR responsibility to follow ALL the Case Study Requirements. If you choose not to follow the specific requirements and choose to write about another assignment, you have failed this case study.
All Case Studies MUST be submitted in the designated course Blackboard Dropbox.
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your document is MS Word compatible or PDF. RTF and WP files are NOT compatible.
If I cannot open your attached file, your document is late.
Any paper submitted after the deadline will be penalized one full grade (15 points) per day submitted past the published deadline clearly stated in the course syllabus.
No case study will be accepted five days or more past the published deadline. Case studies submitted past this point earn a 0 for that case study grade.
See page 4 (below) for specific details
Criteria Did Not Meet Requirements
69% and below Partially Met Requirements
70-79% C Meets Minimum Requirements
80-89% B Proficient
1. Described your company’s issues and problems to be solved.
Did not submit or minimally described your company’s issues and problems to be solved. Partially described your company’s issues and problems to be solved. Briefly described your company’s issues and problems to be solved. Satisfactorily
described your company’s issues and problems to be solved.
1. 2. Described your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element.
Did not submit or minimally described your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element. Partially described your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element. Briefly described your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element. Satisfactorily described your company’s Situation (SWOT) Analysis by explaining at least three items for each element.
2. 3. Described how two macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors (i.e. supply/demand, production capability)
3. affect this case.
Did not submit or minimally described how two macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors (i.e. supply/demand, production capability)
affect this case. Partially described how two macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors (i.e. supply/demand, production capability)
affect this case. Briefly described how two macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors (i.e. supply/demand, production capability)
affect this case. Satisfactorily described how two macro factors (i.e. GDP, employment) & two Micro factors (i.e. supply/demand, production capability)
affect this case.
4. Provided an action plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence.
Did not submit or minimally provided an action plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence.
Partially provided an action plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence.
Briefly provided an action plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence.
Satisfactorily provided an action plan for this case including how to prevent a future similar occurrence.
5. Clarity, writing (third person voice), mechanics, and formatting requirements.
10 points More than 10 errors present = 0 points!! 8-9 errors 4-7 errors 0-3 errors
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.