1. What do we mean when we say that ‘race’ is an illusion but it is also very real? What ‘makes’ race? Sociologist Melvin Oliver answers this early in the video. How does this definition relate to sociology?
2. Explain how the understanding of ‘race’ has changed over time. How has this related to immigration? Do you hear similar claims in the news and public discourse (discussion) today? How would a Conflict Theorist see these ideas? (Recall their discussion of ideology.)
3. Explain how the legal system has ‘made race’ over time. Discuss the cases of Ozawa and Thind. How did the two findings contradict each other? What were the repercussions of these rulings? Explain what Historian James Horton means when he refers to race as a ‘social political construction’.
4. How did government programs like Social Security and the FHA reinforced the racial divide. How did the National Appraisal System and the practice of ‘Redlining’ solidify the racial wealth divide? Explain what Legal Scholar John A. Powell means when he says this program was ‘constructing whiteness’, and that geography now does the work of Jim Crowe laws?
5. What does Powell mean when he says that whites are getting the spoils of a racist system, even if they’re not personally racist? Why is the racial wealth gap widening over 50 years after the Fair Housing Act was put in place? Why won’t color-blindness end racial inequality?
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.