Reflection on Writing Across the Disciplines: An Integrated Essay
“The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth.” (ESV, Ecclesiastes12.10)
When you learn to handle the written word well, you discover that you are joining a stream of men and women who have struggled for over three thousand years “to find words of delight,” as the writer of Ecclesiastes puts it, in the process of attempting to describe truth through words on paper. One thing we know as a result of this is that writing is not natural or instinctive, but requires care and thought. We also know that the style and genre of any writing must adhere to the expectations of the discipline for which it is written. The writing—if it is doing the work it is intended to do—will also be shaping its discipline, even while it is being shaped itself. Writing, as you have heard before, is recursive. That means that writing changes the world, just as the world changes it, and the relationship of a style and its discipline is proof of that.
For this final writing assignment you will apply care and thought to the writings you have completed thus far, and you will be bringing that work together to form an integrated essay that addresses each of the disciplines.
In coherent and well composed paragraphs, you will respond to this prompt by describing the following based on what you have written so far:
1. Begin by summarizing your chosen topic and providing a clear thesis statement about your topic. (Remember that your thesis is supporting your ENTIRE paper, so this may not be the first thing you draft if you are still considering how your paper will come together.)
2. Next, provide two conflicting theoretical approaches to the issue. Use evidence from your humanities short story to support one of the approaches to your topic. Evidence for the opposing viewpoint may come from other humanities pieces you explored in your annotated bibliography.
3. Third, summarize one relevant piece of current research. The research article must be chosen from a professional journal (not a secondary source) written within the past 5 years. Summarize (or abstract) the article and show how the research clearly relates to one of the theoretical positions you stated earlier.
4. Now, present your research or policy guidelines that can be supported by the information you previously submitted. Tie this into the research and the theoretical approaches.
5. Now, reflect on all that you have written and read this semester: How have your views on the nature of academic disciplines changed (or not)? Is there any one particular discipline that is superior to another? Is there a relationship between what a particular discipline considers good evidence, and the subject of that discipline’s study? How has your own writing across the disciplines this semester helped you better understand your topic? And most importantly, what conclusions have you arrived at as a result of these different perspectives and genre – if any at all? Be specific.
I will grade this essay by the rubric provided. The essay is worth 150 points.
Your paper must…
be any length, but composed in five to seven well-constructed paragraphs corresponding to the prompts above.
be your original work
make specific references to your work. Use direct quotes of your work, but be sure to cite the work and page number. Do not be overly concerned with the mechanics of this at the moment.
be formatted in APA format according to the guidelines listed in your syllabus.
be posted on Blackboard using the course name convention.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.