Object Orientated Programming
Due Date: 11:59 p.m. EST, Sunday Feb, 28th of Unit 7 Points: 100 Overview: In this assignment, you will be analyzing the basic concepts for object-oriented programming, how to create classes that contain attributes and different types of methods. Instructions: Answer the following questions:
1. Discuss the rationale behind restricting access to object attributes and requiring class users to only access attributes using methods. Explain how private access restricts outside class users from directly accessing attributes (and methods). In contrast, public access specifies that an outside class may use a method (or attribute) of the class.
2. Describe the benefits of encapsulation and information hiding also called data hiding. As applied to objects, this means that outside objects should not be able to alter an object’s attributes but should instead interact with the object via methods.
3. Define the terms instance variable, field, and state. Explain how class methods are shared by all objects of a class.
4. Discuss how a class client, or class user, can use a class that has been written by another programmer.
5. Create a class diagram of one or more classes that would support a simple online library catalog.
6. Write pseudocode class definitions of one or two of the classes created in the previous exercise.
7. When a class contains objects of another class, the relationship is called a whole-part relationship or composition. The relationship created is also called a has-a relationship. Discuss some of the possible issues with composition, such CIS216 – Programming Principles Object-Oriented Programming as the long statement: output sales.getHighestPaidEmployee().getHireDate().getYear().
8. Describe the rules that govern the attributes of a parent class that can be accessed by a child class and the reverse
9. Discuss the advantages of using inheritance and why superclass code is considered more reliable.
10.Research how a derived class can access the constructor of its parent class.
11.Research the topic of multiple inheritance. Describe this concept and explain how it is commonly used in object-oriented programming languages.
12.Create a try–catch block to accept a birth date, entered separately as month, day, and year. Included should be checks for month (1–12), day (28, 29 [if you dare], 30, and 31 days), and year (<= this year).
Requirements: • Show your work in a Word document.
o Include all your work for each question.
o You can include screenshots of work done on paper. • For all justification exercises, remember to use the definitions and principles that we have learned thus far. • You must prepare a written work where you respond to the programming exercises.
The work must comply with APA academic writing standards.
You must support your answer using appropriate sources that are properly cited.
• Minimum six pages in length, excluding the Title and Reference page. • APA format, including an in-text citation for referenced works.
• At least four resources. Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Object-Oriented Programming Assignment CRITERIA Deficient Needs Improvement Proficient Exemplary (0-41 Points) (42-55 Points) (56-69 Points) (70 Points) Content Does not cover the assigned topic; assertions are not supported by evidence; paper is seriously lacking in content and detail. Does not do an adequate job of covering the assigned topic; assertions are weakly supported by evidence. Sufficient coverage of the topics; most assertions are supported by evidence. Provides in-depth coverage of the topics, assertions are clearly supported by evidence. (0-5 points) (6-7 points) (8-9 points) (10 points) Resources Less than 2 resources or no resources included. Includes at least 2 resources. Includes at least 3 resources. Includes more than 3 resources. Paper Length Less than one page. Does not meet page requirements. Does not meet the minimum page requirements. Meets the minimum requirements. Exceeds the minimum requirements. Clear and Professional Writing and APA Format Errors impede professional presentation; guidelines not followed. Significant errors that do not impede professional presentation. Few errors that do not impede professional presentation. Writing and format are clear, professional, APA compliant, and error free.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.