This assignment was locked Oct 4 at 11pm.
Approximate length — 3-5 pages
For your news analysis proposal you chose an event or issue and located several news stories covering the event or issue. Now you will conduct the actual analysis by doing a close reading of the news stories, identifying patterns in the news coverage of the issue or event across the news stories, describing the patterns, and discussing the consequences of the patterns.
1) Read the stories side by side, taking notes on the patterns that arise in terms of how the issue or event was covered.
a) Who were the main sources used?
b) How were different kinds of people referred to or shown?
c) What kind of language and descriptors were used to describe the event or issue?
d) Who was made to seem responsible for the event or issue?
e) What solutions, if any, were suggested?
f) Was the news told in the form of a story?
g) Was the news personalized?
h) Was the news dramatized?
i) Was a frame of conflict used? If so, who was shown sympathetically? Was anyone vilfied? If so, who was vilifed and through the use of what language?
j) Was their context provided or did the news seem like a free-floating atom, disconnected to other events?
k) Was the story covered in such a way as to suggest it was mainly responding to pressures of news organizations such as having a reliable stream of news or garnering large audiences rather than mainly trying to inform publics?
2) Note down each pattern that you found. For each pattern, jot down the supporting evidence from the news stories.
3) Use your understanding from the section on news in Chapter 3 to think about the implications of the patterns you found.
Now you’re ready to write the analysis. It should have these elements:
1) Introduction — Discuss the event or issue you chose and its signifance. Give enough background on the issue or event so that the ensuing news analysis will make sense (paragraph or two for this section).
2) Analysis — Describe each pattern you found one by one. For each pattern, describe in some detail the evidence for the pattern you’re describing. Evidence can be in the form of language used, sources quoted, aspects emphasized or omitted, the juxtaposition of certain facts, etc. This is the heart of the paper (2-3 pages).
3) Conclusions and discusson — Here use your understanding from the news section in Chapter 3 to discuss the implications of the patterns you found. What can you say from these patterns about whether the public was well informed or not? What can you say from these patterns about what was suggested in terms of how the event or issue should be understood? (half page to 1 page).
4) List of references. List in proper citation format (APA or other format citation style) all the news stories that you analyzed.
you will practically just finish my paper that I started and make it better and I have the sources cited in my rough draft
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.