1. What is your favorite recreational game you like to play? Can you think of any mad math skills needed for this game? Just have fun with this, there is no particular criteria I’m looking for, I’m just curious!
2. Sometimes we use an analogy of conceptualizing the fourth dimension using the second and third dimensions. Imagine that you are trying to describe the fourth dimension to a friend and why we can’t visually conceptualize it. Use the 2nd and 3rd dimension analogy to explain your reasoning. You can watch the Carl Sagan video from the Module in Week 13 if you get stuck.
3. “Fractals” from Math In Society
a. A shape is when it looks essentially the same from a distance as it does closer up.
b. wrote the first book that thoroughly described fractals known as “The Fractal Geometry of Nature.”
4. From “Shapes Now in 3D,” Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension:
What type of geometry assumes that there is more than one different possible parallel line that goes through a point parallel to another?
5. Group of answer choices
6. From “Cryptography,” Math In Society:
a. What decoding devices were used in WWII?
b. Who led the code breaking efforts to these devices during WWII?
7. What is the prime factorization of 336?
8. You should be able to insert an image right to this question (preferred way) or you can upload a file of your work on paper here.
9. From “Apportionment” in Math In Society, what were the names of the three paradoxes using Hamilton’s Method for apportionment? (give your answers in alphabetical order)
10. Is it possible to make your experience riding in a car with square wheels smooth, i.e. not bumpy? If so, how would you accomplish this? Refer to “Shape Shifting” from Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension.
11. From “Voting Theory” in Math in Society
a. How many votes are needed for a majority
b. How many votes are needed for a plurality
c. Find the winner under the Instant Runoff Voting method
12. What is the name of the shape we constructed whose center of gravity moves neither up nor down but is not a circle?
13. From “Be There and Be Square,” Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension.
The of the hypotenuse is equal to the of the squares of the other two sides.
What is the value of this Mayan number, which is shown in vertical form? Give a numerical answer in Base 10 form (that’s just using the numbers we use every day). This is from “Historical Counting Systems” in Math in Society.
14. I do solemnly swear that the work on this exam is my work only and that I did not collaborate with anyone else other than my instructor.
15. Group of answer choices
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.