Lab Report Guidelines
For the lab report, you will setup and perform designated 2 experiments. One will demonstrate diffusion, and the other will demonstrate osmosis. Based on the 2 experiments, you will prepare one lab report with experiments on Diffusion and Osmosis. See the experiment instructions provided.
Be sure to follow these guidelines for your report.
1. A minimum of 2 references is required. – Credible websites, periodicals, books, newspapers, and journals to compliment your data may be used.
2. PLAGIARIZED PAPERS WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE A ZERO. NO COPYING and PASTING from websites!
3. Each section in the lap report must be properly labeled as Introduction, Materials & Methods…etc.
4. The length of the total lab report is a minimum of 7 pages –double spaced. See the lab report section instructions on the next page.
5. You may only use Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri 12 pt font.
6. The margins for each page should NOT be greater than 1 inch.
7. The report and each section MUST be organized in the following order.
a. Title page
c. Materials & Methods
e. Discussions & Conclusions
f. Works Cited
8. Each lab report section should follow the “Lab Report Section Instructions.” See the following page.
9. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation should be used correctly and consistently.
Lab Report Section Instructions
TITLE PAGE (1 page): Include the lab report title, class name, your name, and due date
INTRODUCTION (1 FULL page min.): NO PICTURES
• Introduce the topic of the experiment with sufficient background to show your clear understanding of the main topics in the lab exercise.
• Background discussion(s) MUST include the following topics: diffusion, osmosis, selective permeability, cell membrane, tonicity, hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic solutions, etc.
• For your hypothesis, state what you predict the outcome of each experiment will be and why you think so.
MATERIALS AND METHODS (1-2 full pages): NO PICTURES in this section.
First, list all materials used through each entire experiment
Then, describe all procedures as they were performed (refer to instructions in the powerpoint). DO NOT copy and paste form my document. List the procedures with bullets or numbers.
RESULTS: (2 pages min)
• Include your pictures AND a graph or table displaying the results (time values, observations, & measured lengths) w
• For each image, table, or graph, explain clearly, in sentence form, what the images or graphs are showing. Doing this provides a necessary description.
DISCUSSION & CONCLUSIONS: (3/4 page min)
• Summarize your results.
• Explain why the solutions and materials used in the experiments are suitable.
• Discuss whether or not the outcome is as predicted – the results support or refute your hypothesis
• If it supports your hypothesis, how closely does it match – are there other factors involved
• If not, why? What other factors might be involved?
• Indicate the significance of this study (why should we study osmosis and diffusion)
WORKS CITIED: (1 page)
• Cite all references.
The reference should include the author(s) name or initials, year of publication, journal or source, specific volume, and the pages.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.