The paper is limited to a MAXIMUM of Ten (10) pages ( NO Abstract is needed for this assignment)
Cultural diversity refers to the differences among people based upon shared ideology and shared valued sets of beliefs, norms, customs, and meanings evidenced in a way of life. This diversity is expressed in many ways. Diversity in history, beliefs, practices, and opportunities not only exist among the many cultural groups, they typically exist across a wide continuum within the group. Health behaviors are influenced by culture and cultural values as well as socioeconomic status.
In this assignment, students will develop a health promotion project for a cultural group living anywhere in the United States. You are to learn as much as you can about the culture norms and patterns and how these norms and patterns influence health practices. The purpose of this assignment is to develop a deeper understanding and sensitivity regarding the role of culture in patients’ lives and in nursing through the examination of a cultural/ethnic group while addressing health promotion strategies and disease prevention.
The project should address the following Aspects of Cultural Assessment:
1. Ethnic/racialidentity:Howdoesthegroupidentifyitselfintermsethnicityandracial background? What is the range of interaction outside of the cultural group? Are recreational, educational, and other social activities within the ethnic reference group, the wider community, or both?
2. History and Value Orientation: How are values derived? What is the historical experience of the group that may have impacted values?
3. Language-communication process: What is the primary spoken language? What languages are spoken in the home? And by whom? What language is preferred when speaking to outsiders? Do second and third generations in the speak the language of their grandparents?
4. HealthBeliefsandPractices:Whatarethetraditionalhealthbeliefs?Howcommon are these beliefs and practices within this group? To what extent are folk healing practices and practitioners used?
5. Religious Belief and Spirituality: Discuss religious articles & practices. How is spirituality is defined in the culture? Remember that Religious Beliefs and Spirituality are different concepts.
6. Lifecycleevents:Whichlifecycleeventsareimportanttotheculture?Whatarethe customs associated with births, coming of age, marriage, and death?
8. Medicalhealthcareaccessandexperience:Isaccesstocareandequalityofcare an issue for this group? For example, are group members less likely to receive needed care due to system issues such as financial access or provider biases than another group?
Based on the Cultural Assessment Data, the group will design a Cultural Health Promotion Plan:
9. Cultural Health Promotion Plan: Identify a health risk or health problem the project will address. Describe why this is an issue for your chosen target group and how cultural plays a role in the health risk or problem.
10.Health Promotion Strategies/Methods: Based on the health risk/problem identified, describe the strategies/methods that you will implement. Focus on primary and secondary prevention strategies. Refer to Healthy People 2020 Topics and Objectives. You may access the website at: https://www.healthypeople.gov.
11.Project Evaluation Methods: State the outcomes you expect to achieve. State how you will measure/assess the effectiveness of the project.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.