East Los Angeles College
CD 7: Children’s Book Evaluation (25 points)
For this Literature Evaluation assignment first you are going to select an appropriate book for children ages 2-5. Please consider these criteria when choosing a book for young children, such as – illustration, story line (beginning, middle, and end), text, message/lesson, culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate etc.
After selecting and reading a book, you will write a two (2) page reflection paper by answering following questions. Your reflection must be typed and in paragraph format using 12 font size, Times New Roman or Calibri. No need to type any questions or have a title page. This assignment is due on Sunday, 10/18/2020 via canvas. You can use your textbook (chapter 5) for supportive information. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Please follow the format below:
Children’s Book Evaluation
Your Name: Date:
Name of the Book:
Reflection: (answering following questions)
1. Why did you choose this book? (For example- illustration, storyline, message, diversity etc.) (3 points)
2. How could you categorize this book? (i.e., fantasy, fiction, non-fiction, alphabet knowledge, science, animals, diversity etc.) (2 points)
3. What is the book’s message? (2 points)
4. Does the theme build the child’s self-image or self-esteem? How? (3 points)
5. How would you involve children in the book beside looking and listening while you are reading it to them? (5 points) (please mention some strategies you may use during reading time).
6. What are some extended activity ideas (arts, literacy, math, social studies etc.) you may offer for children based on this book? (5 points)
7. Do you recommend this book to be used for young children? Why? (3 points)
Followed writing guidelines and assignment instruction/ grammar, spelling, punctuation. (2 points)
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.