Answer any FIVE of the questions below in short essay form of at least 300 words. 10 points total, each worth 2 points.
1) In Author’s Perspective, James Joyce said: “By an epiphany he meant a sudden spiritual manifestation, whether in the vulgarity of speech or of gesture or in a memorable phrase of the mind itself.” Is there such an epiphany in “Araby”? If so, where does it happen in the story and how does it provide a meaning to it? Discuss your findings in detail.
2) “When it came night, the white waves paced to and fro in the moonlight, and the wind brought the sound of the great sea’s voice to the men on shore, and they felt that they could then be interpreters.”
From what story is the above passage taken? The author? From which part, beginning, middle, or the end? Who were the men? What was the sea telling them? Use as much detail as you can to make your point.
3) “Wipe yo foots, white man, fo you come in here. Major ain’t home nohow.”
Identify the speaker and the story from which the quote is taken. How does this incident lead to the final conflict in the story? Explain in detail.
4) “The next day I was too weak to go out, and my uncle kidded me and called me ‘the gutless wonder from Cincinnati.’ I didn’t mind. He said you get used to it in time.”
Who is the author of this story? Which story? Describe the circumstances that led to this revelation and explain its significance of this quote to the meaning of the story.
5) “Last week he tried to commit suicide,” one waiter said.
“He was in despair.”
“How do you know it was nothing?”
“He has plenty of money.”
From what story is this taken? The author? Explain whether you agree with the first waiter’s reasoning about their customer’s attempted suicide, drawing evidence from the story as needed.
6) “She could scarcely reach the chinaberry tree, where she waited in the growing heat while inside she knew the cold river was creeping up and up to extinguish that eye which must know by now that she knew.”
From what story is this taken? The author? What is the cold river referred to? And what eye? How do these details shed light on the meaning of the story? Be sure to use as much evidence as necessary from the story.
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.