These are the edited directions. Please read this, i attached the original one as well but this is edited.
Directions: Please answer all of the questions below. This is a formal paper. You will be graded on content, along with spelling and grammatical quality. Use MLA format to write your paper (parenthetical citations are permitted). Your paper must be typed, double spaced, with 1-inch margins around, and no longer than 750 words. Do not include a title page. I will only read the first 750 words. Points will be deducted if these policies are not followed. It is highly recommended that you utilize the Writing Center to help improve the quality of your paper. All assignments must be submitted using TurnItIn through Blackboard. You will be graded on your discussion of the topic described below, as well as the support provided for your opinions. Where possible, please use specific facts and data to support your opinions. You are required to use additional sources to complete this assignment. There is a lot of information available on this topic. Use proper citation format, footnotes or in-text citations and a bibliography. Your bibliography must include the four (4) sources below and at least two (2) additional sources. I reserve the right to ask to see drafts of your paper. Please save earlier drafts for this purpose.
Essay Topic: Effects of the Pandemic on a Specific Industry
Read the following articles:
Dunlap, Tom, Dave Wagner and Frank Scavo. “Coronavirus Impact Index by Industry.” Coronavirus Impact Index by
Industry | Computer Economics — for IT Metrics, Ratios, Benchmarks, and Research Advisories for IT
Kumar, Neeraj and Danny Haydon. “Industries Most and Least Impacted by COVID-19 from a Probability of Default
Perspective – March 2020 Update.” Industries Most and Least Impacted by COVID-19 from a Probability of
Default Perspective – March 2020 Update | S&P Global Market Intelligence, 7 Apr. 2020.
Thau, Barbara. “Coronavirus Effects on Businesses in Major Industries.” U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 20 Mar.
“The Biggest Business Impacts of the Coronavirus Pandemic.” EMarketer, www.emarketer.com/content/thebiggest-
The pandemic has had significant effects on the world economy. Some industries have benefits from shelter-athome, work from home and social distancing policies. While other industries have benefited from this shift. The assignment will provide you with an opportunity to see the effects on a specific firm.
Answer the following questions:
1. Include an introduction that includes a brief discussion of the pandemic and its effects on the world.
2. What types of firms have benefited from the effects of the pandemic? What types of firms have been negatively impacted by the pandemic?
3. Pick one firm in the Dow Jones Industrial Index to study further. Include a brief discussion of the firm, the industry it falls in and the expected effects of the pandemic. (see https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/components/) Find the firm’s most recent earnings report. For most firms, this will be a second or third quarter earnings release or conference call. Different firms use different terms. If you find that the information on the firm you selected is difficult to find or understand, please select another firm.
4. How has the firm been affected by the pandemic? Discuss Sales and Profits and any other measure you believe is relevant. Include support from the earnings release.
5. What actions has the firm taken in response to the pandemic. Have employees been laid off, have bonuses been cut, etc. Do you believe these actions should have been taken?
6. What was the firm’s stock price on January 2, 2020? What was the firm’s stock price on September 2, 2020? Compute the return over this time period. What is the EAR on this stock?
7. Is the firm’s return consistent with your expectations of the effects of the pandemic on this firm? Clearly explain your answer.
Include an introduction and conclusion to your paper.
– introduction can be your answer to the first question
– conclusion can be two sentences
Papers are written from scratch We have molded our writers to develop content for all assignments from scratch. This way, we promote originality and reduce cases of plagiarism that might affect your grades and hinder you from realizing your academic goals. We encourage our clients to indicate the deliverables that should be featured in the final paper. Our online help services allow one to make a clarification and even interact with the writer directly to help them understand the needs of the assignment. Many of our writers are professional tutors who understand the approaches that should be used to fulfill the specified instructions. Every time a client places an order on our system, we link them with the most qualified writer in the subject of interest.
YUnlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
We encourage our clients to return papers for revision seven days after the last submission for free. Depending on the proposed changes, we will work on your article to achieve the desired expectations.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties
We boast of a diverse pool of ENL and ESL professionals who respond with a personal touch to the needs of every client. Our focus is to become the best platform that offers specialized services to individuals to accomplish their academic goals.